Ninja Warrior Competition
The Ultimate Ninja Athlete Association (UNAA)
is one of the largest and most established ninja warrior style obstacle course racing leagues in the world. We're excited to be hosting a Season 6 Regional Qualifier at Gauntlet Fitness.
We are pleased to announce that Friday June 4th, and Saturday June 5th, we will be hosting the UNAA Worlds Regional Qualifying 2021 Skills challenge, named “the Gauntlet”. It is a series of 4 challenges or gauntlets, which will be scored individually by total points and total time. The 4 individual scores and times will be added up for one total score and time. The top 3 males and females in the traditional UNAA groups
(7U, 9U, 11U, 13U, 15U, AMATEUR, PRO, 40+
) will also advance to Worlds. RULES: Please watch videos on Gauntlet Fitness's facebook page
1. Skill 1 red tire to red tire only using rings in ring alley straight into red tire platform then to the 12’ pegboard where both pegs start in the 1 and 4 holes and one peg must stay in the last hole at 12’ to move on to vertical pegboard. 7U will not do vertical pegboard, but all others will. Also, no feet for 13u and up allowed on vertical pegboard, pegs start 1,2 spot and feet up--time stops when bell above vertical pegboard is rung.
2. The Lache Gauntlet does allow one to either traverse or lache in order to take the subjectivity out of it, so laches and traverses until Okie twister/Rolling thunder. Time stops with the ring of the Bell w/ your hand at the end of the 2nd rolling thunder/okie twister.
3. Red tire start to horizontal rope to the first hanging rope, then use both ropes to blue cliffhangers, traverse cliffhanger to ring bell for finish. Athlete must use all obstacles and can only use hands (13u and above) on the horizontal rope. No feet ever for this obstacle for 13u and above. Kids (7u,9u,11u) may use feet.
4. The Last of the skills, high knees on the cones into lazy vault into quintuple steps, make the turn with a double slackline. Must use all the red tires for full clear into 4-stack lazy vault to the first cone, repeat a 2nd lap. Time stops when the bell is rung at the end of the lane of the 2nd lap. If any yellow bar or cone is knocked over, :10s will be added to final score per occurrence.
SCORING: 10 pts for 7U is perfect and for all other classes = 11 points is a PERECT, FULL-CLEAR gauntlet
Score is simple-----points first, total time second. The app will add total points and time from all 4 individually ran skills. So athletes, go for the Fastest-perfect score, as this is what I predict it will take to place….a lot of talent out there!!!
1. Rings -1pt-->Horizontal Pegboard---2pt-->Vertical Pegboard ring bell--(not for 7U)3pt-->= 3points
2. Horizontal Rope touch first rope--1pt--> Rope jungle x 2---2pt--- when both hands on blue cliffhanger x 10’ ring bell--3pt- = 3points
3. Laches bar to Dble cannonball---->dble donut--1pt-> 8' lache --->power lache to rolling thunder/okie twister-2pt-> traverse both thunder and ring bell = 3points
4. Roundtrip 1-->Roundtrip 2 = 2points
Our competition will follow UNAA rules and age/classes based on your age as of January 1, 2021.
Prices (before convenience fees)
Sign up now to reserve your spot. All participants must sign our waiver.
THERE IS A SIGN-IN SHEET ON PROPERTY FOR EVERY SKILL SET @ 10m INTERVALS. FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE SO COME EARLY.
- All age groups can run SKILLS "the gauntlet" challenge at any time during Friday or Saturday. However, all 15+-Masters must run their skills by 10pm Friday evening as Podiums and Awards will be done at 10pm Friday evening. The kids' skills podiums/awards will be done at 2pm for ages 7u-11u, and 13-15 podiums will be done at the conclusion, or 8pm. Each Skill is scored individually and can be ran at any time during the times listed below but must be done before the podiums/awards for that division. Thank you and we look forward to hosting this amazing event and seeing you all here.
- Friday 2p-10p
- Saturday 8a-8p
- PODIUMS/AWARDS AS FOLLOWS:
- FRIDAY, June 4, 2021
- 10PM PODIUMS/AWARDS @10PM FOR 15+-40+
- SATURDAY, June 5, 2021
- 7U-11U---MUST HAVE SKILLS COMPLETED BY 2PM
- 13U-15U---MUST HAVE SKILLS COMPLETED BY 8PM